Misandry is the hatred of, pathological aversion to, or prejudice against men. The first recorded use of the term dates from the 19th century. Misandry also includes casual misandry.
The World Food Programme only feeds women and girls following disasters.
Israel sometimes issues orders disallowing men from leaving the country if they do not pre-pay child support years in advance.
Maureen Dowd is a columnist working for the New York Times. Dowd was recently quoted as saying:
So now that women don’t need men to reproduce and refinance, the question is, will we keep you around? And the answer is, ‘You know we need you in the way we need ice cream — you’ll be more ornamental.’
In claiming that men are unnecessary Dowd is clearly exhibiting misandry.
Mary Poppins Movie
Highly offensive remarks about men even appear in the popular move Mary Poppins made in 1964. Several female characters sing Though we adore men individually, we agree that as a group, They're rather stupid.
- The Misandry Bubble
- Why is discussion of boys and men opposed?
- Audience laughs at a man being hurt and is castigated by the compere
- ↑ https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/misandry
- ↑ http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/boys-men/201403/why-is-discussion-boys-and-men-opposed
- ↑ http://lipstick-feminists.tumblr.com/post/32655106212
- ↑ https://mobile.twitter.com/cheuya/status/503255306999459840
- ↑ https://archive.is/hClP3
- ↑ https://twitter.com/spaceeong/status/1593780033088540674
- ↑ https://archive.is/oej4Z